• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Riding the Draggin'

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's been a little while since I posted any mods that I've done on the lil Draggin' so I'll see about getting some of the more notable ones posted up and work on occasionally adding to this adventure/build thread.

So the latest was to move my CB whip off the bed edge and out front. I wanted to be able to see it so I could use it as a vertical "curb feeler" (remember those?). Most of the time it will stay pulled back but I can easily release it from the driver's seat.
I have 13' to the top of it when deployed which gives me the clearance needed for my trailer w/ an extra kayak on top. Now all I'll need to do is look out my window to see if I'll clear, no spotter needed.IMG_20240823_170234866_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240823_170246493_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240823_170335511_HDR.jpg

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's another thing I added/changed,

20240827_184205.jpg

I flipped the bumper because the added pintal was too high for most of the trailers I use it on. I left the shackle mounts on the bottom as I was tired of walking on them. I leave the shackles in that position for travel because I like that they'll fold back flat if I push over something off-road. I do flip them around if I'm using them for a light weight recovery.

This is why I had the front pintal added to start w/, It lets me use the dolly that we had made out of an M105 to back 5th wheel trailers into places that wouldn't have been possible w/o a 5th wheel installed truck otherwise.

20240828_065102.jpg