• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Right hand mirror with Fuel can?

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you mount a side mirror on the right side when you have the fuel can, is there enough room? (without drilling)

thanks

chris

67Beast

Best set up I've ever seen was from Pierre Jalving, and it was a simple clamp that attached to the handle of the gas can. Then a stock mirror arm was mounted to it. Nice and easy no drilling needed. If I was smart I would have taken a pic of it.:roll:

Cav Trooper

I have the right side mirror mount. The problem is that you can adjust the mirror for drive use but since the gas can is in the way, you can't adjust the mirror far enough forward so that the passenger door doesn't bump it and move the arm up against the gas can which requires readjusting the arm and mirror, worse yet you could break the mirror. Banging the mirror on the door also scratches up the paint. I have thought about modifiying the door check arm so that the door does not hit the mirror arm. If you are careful the door can be opened without hitting the arm but it's tight getting in since the door can't swing out as far. Just my thoughts.

Cav Trooper

Juskatla

Right Hand Mirror Mounting

All Canadian trucks had the right hand mirror mountings which is one of a few improvements made to Windsor, Ontario produced trucks. As already mentioned, John Bizal has reproduced them and they work with the jerry can mounted. I think you could make a bracket with a bit of work, but the ones John is making are an exact copy.

Jess

majorhitt

I've seen several ways to mount the mirror. The one I used and not really to happy with, has the window hitting the mirror when the door is opened.What does John's look like?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen several ways to mount the mirror. The one I used and not really to happy with, has the window hitting the mirror when the door is opened.What does John's look like?
Look at the link on the first page.