• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Right Rear Light: Blinker and Hazard not working

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been working on troubleshooting a rear light blinker that does not work with Turn signal or Hazards turned on.

Eliminated
1.) Rear light and bulbs are operational
2.) I believe I eliminated grounding issues

From research on the site it seems I could have the following potential Issues
1.) Short somewhere from front power to rear light
2.) Stalk Controller

I could see the Stalk Control being a problem if the blinker was not working correctly but does the hazard circuit also go through the stalk control? I stared at the electrical diagram for a while and not getting it.

Short of replacing the stalk is there some other troubleshooting I can do.

Thanks in advance to those of you that like electrical and can help :)

B-Dog

From the A0 schematics, from the column switch, the signals (for the rears) go through diodes and then touch the coils for trailer (?) bulbs. If the fronts work, you can ignore everything upstream of the column switch.

To check the column switch, unplug the switch, activate either right or left signals and check continuity between wires 1594 and 461B (Left) & 460B (right). If continuity is not found, likely a bad switch.
With the switch plugged in, you could check for flashing power (with the turn signal activated) at D1B pin 4 (left) or D2A pin 2 (right). Remove the diode(s) and check these pins (from page 17 of the schematics):
1663092220977.png

Also, this will be of some help or at least will show how the front, rear and trailer are all isolated from each other:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the A0 schematics, from the column switch, the signals (for the rears) go through diodes and then touch the coils for trailer (?) bulbs. If the fronts work, you can ignore everything upstream of the column switch.

To check the column switch, unplug the switch, activate either right or left signals and check continuity between wires 1594 and 461B (Left) & 460B (right). If continuity is not found, likely a bad switch.
With the switch plugged in, you could check for flashing power (with the turn signal activated) at D1B pin 4 (left) or D2A pin 2 (right). Remove the diode(s) and check these pins (from page 17 of the schematics):

Also, this will be of some help or at least will show how the front, rear and trailer are all isolated from each other:

B-Dog that is beautiful!!! I will do some testing and hopefully get over my fear of electronics :)

Thank You

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks