• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rims For The Deuce

Reaper651

Hey All,
I have been looking for aftermarket rims that have the 6 hole pattern for the Deuce. Mainly, tubeless rims for 11 or 12R22.5 tires. Aside from Red Barn Customs, would you recommend any other companies? Or a civilian truck that might have the same lug pattern? Also, what are your thoughts about switching to a 22.5" rim to increase the amount of tire options? I think I want to stick with duals on the rear. This is something I might do in the future. Thoughts?

61sleepercab

I would find out deuce bolt pattern and rim set back and do some figuring. I suggest you make a cardboard template tracing of the pattern and use it to match any donor rim. You have to watch the center hole diameter as some light trucks have same bolt patterrn but rims will not go over axle hub.

Most big trucks probably run 22.5 or 24.5 tubeless. Most trucks do not use 20 inch tires any more.
I would suggest that you check around the local truck tire shops and see what is locally common . You will find out that modern trucks use wide tires like 11:00 or 12:00 tires. Mark
I would check local trucking companies once you find what rim you can use.

Reaper651

Great Idea about the template. That's the main reason I would like to go 22.5 because the tire selection for 20" rims is getting smaller and smaller. I will be running the normal NDT's for a while though, mainly because they seem to work well and are very reasonable in price. I was thinking the 11R22.5 would be a great tire on the Deuce for duals and maybe the 12R22.5 or wider if going with singles. They seem to be a tad larger in diameter than NDT's which will be a nice help reducing the RPM a bit when doing highway speed and are a bit wider. The other issue is the conversion will end up costing $5,000 or more for the tires and rims. Someday... Thanks for the info and if I find a 22.5" rim that is interchangeable with the Deuce hub, I will definitely get the word out.

Reaper651

Cool, I will check into it. The Red Barn Custom rims look great but $300 plus for a steel rim is a tad steep for my budget. Lol its bad enough that the nice off road type tires are $400 to $600 each. Hopefully I can find some rims, If the UPS rim will fit on the Deuce hub, I'm sure I will be able to find some floating around. Thanks for the info.

3dAngus

I think my M105A3 has the 22.5 steel rims and truck tires on it. They are higher then the regular 9X20s, but I can also load up the 9X20s in the same place on the trailer, and if I wanted lowboys, I can go with the M1061 wheels and tires.

Just buy a M105A3 and take off the wheels. For what you are comtemplating, you can buy the entire trailer for that kind of money, get the tires and wheels for free, and move your existing 9X20s over to the M105A3 and lower it a few inches. Those trailers are great by the way, except for the height, as the surge brakes, which usually work pretty well, give you a lot of stopping power behind a pickup truck on a heavy duty trailer. Only problem is those tall 22.5 truck tires. I would gladly swap mine out for some M1061 or ammo trailer tires that are six lug.

wilfreeman

I answered my own question. Ferro has Neils listed deuce listed on Jan 19th in the classifieds. He says it has school bus wheels and tubeless tires. I blew up the pic of the front tire - it is a 10r22.5, 6 hole wheel. Didn't know if you were looking for custom wheels or something that would work.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Lol for a steel rim? Alcoa Aluminum 24.5" rims for my class 8 service truck are not much more than that.
Big different in a Aluminum mass produced wheel vs. a limited production, beadlocked, two piece, overbuilt rim.

Reaper651

Big different in a Aluminum mass produced wheel vs. a limited production, beadlocked, two piece, overbuilt rim.
I was looking at the standard rims on RBC's website. They're just a standard steel, one piece, tubeless rim. They can add a bunch of stuff to them, but I think the $300 dollars just gets you the base rim. If I could find the two piece bead lock rims for $300 a piece, that would be a steal. Those things are like $500 a piece and up aren't they?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was looking at the standard rims on RBC's website. They're just a standard steel, one piece, tubeless rim. They can add a bunch of stuff to them, but I think the $300 dollars just gets you the base rim. If I could find the two piece bead lock rims for $300 a piece, that would be a steal. Those things are like $500 a piece and up aren't they?
Again, low production run. The more something is mass produced, the cheaper the unit cost.

Longs wheel in FL might be able to get a 1 piece steel rim for around $300 made. I want to say they were $280 a couple years back when I checked with them.

Reaper651

I just found a website called wheelsnowinc.com. It looks like they show 22.5" rims that will fit on the Deuce. This will be a last resort as I'm sure they charge a lot for them. Has anyone ever dealt with this company before? Also, there seem to be a ton of different offroad type tires for 22.5 inch rims. I'm thinking they would work just fine offroad but I have been told other wise. I'm not sure why they wouldn't work? They will be going on a bobbed Deuce and I'm thinking to stay with duals but then again, singles would be nice too.(Less tires to buy) Would 12R22.5's work good as singles or would they not be wide enough? I like the dual idea because of the extra tires but of course, there are two more tires to buy. If I have rims made and stay with duals, I will have enough offset so the 12R22.5 sidewalls wont touch. I don't plan to mud run with this truck, mainly mountain trails, snow, ice and such.(Snow and ice when I get out of California) What do you think? Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks