• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RIMS with Rivets

DUECE-COUPE

the riveted ones are from early Deuces before they were send to depo for rebuild. they are fine to use, and they make it easy to get a center section for other rims. grind off the rivet, and heat up the shaft, and punch out the rivet. easier than a cutting torch, and much cleaner.

54reo

My older trucks ('53, '54, '58) all have riveted rims, while the later ones have welded rims.

No other difference that I can tell.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the trucks I've had had a mis-match of both. I think when they changed the wheels and tires in the military they just put on what they had without regard to the style of wheel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks