• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RIP little mulit fuel.

Brock Steel

Well after draining the oil I found 5 gallons of diesel in the case and metal shaving. Now comes the hard part of what to do.

Should I re power her? Replace with the same engine? Cost is always the bottom line.

I'm worried that the same thing will happen if I go with the same engine. Re power with a Cummings 250 but at what cost?

Or find a newer engine like a Perkins or cat or something that will hook up to the transmission and fit in the engine bay.

It needs to be a bolt in replacement I don't have the shop to mod much and the time to do it myself so my mobile mechanic will be doing most of the labor.

Buy a new truck? I would be starting over with the same issues that i had with this one. I've already done so many things to her.

Any Ideas and suggestions will help.

steelandcanvas

Get a bolt-in replacement, put it in and enjoy your truck again! You should be able to find a good used motor out there in Cali. PM Will Wagner, he'll know where to find one.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
12valve 5.9 cummins. Ive seen a few that arent too high. Multifuel would likely be the cheapest and easyest.
:ditto:

If you're going to go with a different engine this would be the best IMO. A 250 Cummins won't fit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks