• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rivets on HMMWV

linhster

Are there special process for these fasteners? Hand operated or pneumatic? Specific types of rivets that need to be used?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linhster

Thanks Chief... Is there a way to decipher the part numbers of the Cherrymax? The length is my concern for a few different spots I need to apply the rivets that are longer than the body (like the x doors edges and glass frame).

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I've found the manual hydraulic FSI d-100 riveter to be awesome for the cherrymax rivets(I used on my aluminum flat bed). I was using a hand pop rivet gun and it SUCKED. I can see the pneumatic being great, but wow. $$$$

Guyfang

Staff member
It depends on what you are doing. We replaced rivets on about 65 trucks. That hand hyd crap went out the door after about 5 trucks. By the time we did 10 trucks, the whole crew would have chipped in to get a pneumatic rivet gun. Thankfully, the boss got us one. But for just one truck, well, I would save the money for other things I need.

linhster

Sorry, but I don't have the special gauge tool to decipher the exact rivet. Which Cherrymax rivet ( item, part #) do I choose for the standard two layers fastening?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks