• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RK's Deuce #2

Rkrug

Finally getting around to getting the parts for the hg fix, Is this one in the picture the upgraded newer style that I want?866.JPG

kswilsher

IMG_20130827_192006_725.jpgThat is the old style. look at the top side of the head gasket in the pic and you'll see the famous oil tabs that seep oil. This is what the new style looks like. Just ignore the part that is missing. Yes, I know your pain.

Last edited:

Rkrug

Well finally started on the head gasket project, every thing is tore down to the heads just need to get my head bolt tool made up and I'll have them off.

71DeuceAK

Yeah, saw the pics you put up on FB...any estimated completion date? I'm curious how the "road test" or "test drive" will go.

On a side note, since no one else has mentioned it yet...you might already know this, but if not, the red paint to me screams an indication of having been owned by a fire department after being surplused. They've been known to do some rather awful hack jobs on these trucks, (as well as 809 series and 939 series 5 tons) so I'm not surprised the box is missing. Have you found a bed, etc yet?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks