• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rmgill, we owe you!

Garandfan

I have been following this post-RMGILL vs DEKALB COUNTY. Here is my thought: This guy fought city hall and won, which establishes a precedence for all of us...I saw one comment that said this should be a sticky. Mr. Gill has paid a price for a sticky and for our unique hobby. How many Steel Soldiers members? How much were the legal fees? Where do I send my donation to "The Ryan Gill/Steel Soldier Support Foundation?" We say we have to stick together...I think we have a friend in need! This is obviously not for profit because he paid out the A$$.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
He isn't the only one. There was a guy in Wisconsin(I forget his name) and Crazyguypa fought and won too.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If sending money somewhere (not to steal anyone's thunder) you should send it to fight the legislation they are trying to pass in Wisconsin.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On a wider scale, there are cities where the vehicle parking is not differentiated by use but by load capacity. It would be nice to make military vehicles exempt. pie in the sky I suppose.

Garandfan

The NRA has their dues for gun owner protection. What about this hobby? Of course with out the politics. By this guy protecting himself, he's protected us.. Any ideas?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The MVPA or SS needs to set up a legal defense fund for this sort of thing along with lobbying.

EVERY special interest group on Earth has a legal defense fund.

Who has experience with this and has the time and acumen to set it up?

Stalwart

Back when the minions in the Clinton adminsistrations sent (B)ATF a memo that stopped imports of all things military, 2 corporations and myself, personally, sued ATF to follow the law. A Judged ruled in our favor and I got my 2 "approved" Form 6's by overnight mail.

kcimb

Back when the minions in the Clinton adminsistrations sent (B)ATF a memo that stopped imports of all things military, 2 corporations and myself, personally, sued ATF to follow the law. A Judged ruled in our favor and I got my 2 "approved" Form 6's by overnight mail.
Clinton did this when?

Stalwart

Clinton didn't do it, one of his minions in the State Department (as I recall) tried to make law with a memo. This happened in around 1999. The ATF said "no" and stopped processing all import applications for "Implements of War" including all MV and aircraft, including their parts. ATF didn't fight us at all, they wanted a judge to direct them to follow the law as they had been doing all along. We filed a a writ of mandamus to get them to return to following the law. Our Scorpion and Fox were delayed by more than a year due to this problem. Best $1000 I've spent to date.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks