• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road Trip---Chicago to Port Huron MI.

DanDan

Hello Everyone:

In the next few days I will be picking up an M35A2 in Chicago and driving to Port Huron, MI. I was wondering if anyone could offer some driving tips, preferred routes, etc... Google Maps only goes so far...

The truck is in great shape and I have a CDL (although not needed) so I should be able to handle any minor bumps along the way but I wondered if someone could recommend some recovery people in case I need a tow. Also I was wondering about rest/fuel stops and perhaps some good (cheap :) ) motels in case I have to stop. I do have Arthritis that may act up.

Any thoughts that anyone could offer are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

6x6TRex

I live right off of I-69, the easiest way would be I-94 to I-69. There's a couple towing companies in Lansing, I'd send him a pm but Propower has a wrecker and Moshers in Perry has a 5 ton wrecker but be prepared to spend $$$$. Lansing would pry be the best spot for a motel, I'd stay out of Flint lol.

There is quite a few members around the Lansing area.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in Livonia Michigan and could help if you needed it. Be sure to check all the fluids in the truck before you go. Changing fuel filters wouldnt be a bad idea either if you dont know how they are and if you have the tools. Anyway, I have a tow bar if you got in a jam and were somewhat close by. 74M35A2 also live in Livonia here and has a M925A2 and would do a great job towing your truck if you needed it. Ill send you a PM with my contact information.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks