• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road trip looking for some parts

shadey dave

Im currently in florida and have bought a trailor and am heading north on I95 and im looking for some parts along the way to take back with me .I have 3 deuces 2 of which are running and functional and 1 will probally end up being a parts doner . Being from up north my trucks have suffered some rust issues and im hoping to find some parts to restore them . I have had some sucess finding parts here in florida already , thanks to Rodman for the 46" rubber I got the fall and to Doug in orlando for the mint window frame and glass . Also dealing with Pete who is a member here for some other pieces I will need . A couple of the items that im still looking for are fenders , complete soft top assembly, electric wiper assembly ,hood , hard top and some other odds and ends . If you may have any of the parts im looking for please call me ,Dave Porter at 407-600-3978 or email me . keep in mind i would like to hit the road early next week and plan stops along the way . Thanks guys ,great site ,and great people .

Last edited:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
shadey dave, slow down your egress back up the I95. In about 5 weeks the mother load of MV swap meets will occur in Aberdeen, Maryland.

Might be worth your time, both for parts and for making future contacts.

Otherwise there is a parts vendor I have used not too far off (1 hour) the I95: White Owl Parts in Kinston, NC. They have deuce trucks and parts galore.

Rick

Last edited:

shadey dave

I would very much like to go to the swap meet but my wife went back 3 weeks ago and im probally pushing the envelope now for being here this long ,I can manage another couple of weeks but beyond that she may consider it rude . Not to mention I feel a little guilty shes home scraping snow off the truck and im here working on my tan . I will check out the guys at White Owl, if you have contact info i would appreciate it if you could send it to me .
Papacom , If you boys got what I need I could stray inland there a little ,I would fit right in with the hillbillies , let me know what you have .

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks