• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road trip planned for tomorrow!

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok, it looks like I may be buying my 2nd deuce a lot sooner than I thought I would, but kind of lucked into a deal and have to go for it.
Truck is in southern Kentucky and I am taking off early morning to run down and check it out. Owner says runs and drives good as he drives it quite often. Plan is to drive this one home. Hopefully won't have to make any mayday calls, but have a couple phone numbers on speed dial just in case! If anybody lives along or is travelling the I-75 corridor through central Ky., keep your eyes peeled for me in case things don't go as well as planned!

Last edited:

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing to report! Didn't get the truck. Owner didn't have title, but I knew that. He had misplaced and applied for a new one, just hadnt arrived yet. I could live with that, but the first thing I did when I got there was the VIN and frame number check against his registration form and nothing matched. Dash plaque was lying in the seat and didnt match the reg. form which didn't match the frame number which didn't match the registration form. Waiting now for the title and word from previous owner to see if they can straighten everything out. I told him if paperwork cant be worked out I would still buy it, but at greatly reduced price. Won't know until weekend when prior owner gets back from working out of town.
It was a beautiful day for a drive at least!

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see you have been on here long enough to learn the VIN/Frame/Title should match. :)

Good job as it sounds like a parts truck.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I see you have been on here long enough to learn the VIN/Frame/Title should match. :)

I would love to think that it was time spent here, but wouldn't you think common sense would be responsible for that?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to think that it was time spent here, but wouldn't you think common sense would be responsible for that?
No I attribute it intelligent members of SS.

Unlike people with a limp who talked into hiking around ice covered hills in Ohio during January.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I enjoy it, its just a little much on the ankle. I bowed out at the 3/4 mark and was chauffeured back to the hotel with a flask of apple pie shine! Can't go wrong.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Usually the first thing I check when looking at a vehicle is the VIN and paperwork to make sure all is copacetic. The truck itself would make for a decent driver/beater as it runs good. The body is pretty rough and the paint is hard to look at though. I will still try to get it if our valuations can be brought more inline.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the paint as bad as this one to look at? My first truck and I still dislike that stupid paint they put on it.

20131201_135815.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks