• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road trip to JeepBeach 2011, Daytona Beach, FL

rbeasley66

Headed over to Daytona Beach for JeepBeach 2011 this last week. The trip 115 mile trip over went good, I had a great room of the beach and where my Deuce was parked. I even had some military company. Saturday inside the Daytona International Speedway was a blast, twisting it up on the hills, showing the little Jeeps how it was really done. On the way back to the beach though, my left front wheel started dragging and closer to my room it was getting hot. All while it was pouring rain for the rest of the evening. Sunday Morning, while the beach Jeep parade was going on, I discovered that I had lost both bearings on my left front wheel. The rest of the day was spent with my daughter driving me around looking for parts and special tools. I found everything but the outer bearing and seal.

But to my rescue came the "Steel Soldiers!" I was on the phone with phil2968 who got the ball rolling with phone calls. Recovry4x4 sent me info on the NAPA address and part numbers I needed, and called telling me how to "borrow" the outer bearing from my rear axle if I could not find one. vinny-socom1 contacted me Monday morning, said he found a outer bearing in Ocala and would bring it to me, after stopping at Pinz25086's house to pick up a wheel seal I could borrow. Upon vinny-socom1's arrival, we found we had the right bearing box, but the wrong bearing. Some phone calls later, Miller Bearing in DB had the correct bearing. vinny-socom1 worked with me putting it all back together and made sure I was rolling fine. After some Bar-b-q, we both headed home and I pulled in Monday night at 11:30pm.

Thanks for evey ones help and all the extra effort that you put in making sure I could get home. My fault for not checking the bearings before a trip, a good lesson learned for me. The true family spirit of The Steel Soldiers came through for me and I am gratetful to everyone. May I be the next one to give a helping hand.
Rick

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you finally got back Rick. UCF, in a pinch you can suspend one end of a rear axle and remove the parts needed to get the front back in the game.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks