• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Roadcheck 2013 - be aware of this in early June for all you 'heavey's'

RetiredNavy

I'll be on vacation time when that comes up. Would rather take care of the wife following back surgery that fooling around with the DOT. Got a level 2 inspection about a month ago at the Havre, MT scale and got gigged for the ABS marker lights being out on a set a gas trains. Everything else was fine. I agree with WM, is it really about safety or revenue.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
is it really about safety or revenue.
ANY system on Earth that has a financial punitive mechanism is a for-profit/revenue system.

Take away police departments ability to rake in money and somehow penalize speeders in some other way that's equally effective and watch speed traps and speed limit enforcement disappear instantly.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
ANY system on Earth that has a financial punitive mechanism is a for-profit/revenue system.
Take away police departments ability to rake in money and somehow penalize speeders in some other way that's equally effective and watch speed traps and speed limit enforcement disappear instantly.
There is another side of the story as well.

We have towed/impounded some vehicles...commercial tractor/trailer combos, as well as smaller trucks and even POVs for LEO organizations and the condition of some of these vehicles is just unbelievable!!!
I'm not talking about "pretty cosmetic" stuff, I'm talking about tires, brakes, steering etc.,...you know...safety stuff.

THEN ya step back and realize these vehicles are on the same road your wife, kids, grand kids etc use and the system makes more sense.

If not a financial penalty, what to use? Maybe community service?

I've been caught in speed traps...and I didn't like it, but guess what...I was speeding...so...

Look at it this way...the feds and the state Motor Carrier folks as well as the state patrol have publicized this time period as a particulary agressive enforcement window so I guess the right thing to do is to be correct in what ya do.

One of the most common statements I hear when a commercial vehicle owner comes to correct whatever violations his/her truck was impounded for is: "I'm just a poor person trying to make a living and these people are just out to get some money"!!
Guess who is ALWAYS able to come up with the money for tires, brakes...etc once their vehicle is impounded?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks