• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Roadside assistance that covers a deuce?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ok thanks sancobra, but I'm too paranoid about bothering somebody generally to do that. I'm in the local MV club but haven't met with them in years and don't know anyone with a big truck. Plus, I'm thinking more of a broke down in the middle of the road situation ( my biggest breakdown fear). I couldn't expect somebody to be ready at a moment's notice to come rescue me. Maybe if I was stranded in a parking lot yes, but again, I'm thinking of a 'I have to get this thing out of the road situation'.

​Edit: Don't forget, I need to know the sub model of the deuce.
There is another member here in Knoxville with a 5 ton wrecker. I think there are a few others around oak ridge and Harriman. Dunno about their roadworthiness though.

sidewinder770

I opted for the 3rd level of towing with Haggerty (High-octane) which is $150 per year. This covers all 3 vehicles I have insured with Haggerty as well as vehicles on my "standard" vehicle policy with Liberty mutual (3 daily drivers). This cover 150 miles on a flatbed and Haggerty certainly knows what my vehicle is. Keep in mind- one thing Haggerty requires is that the vehicle be stored indoors. Luckily my barn qualifies as indoor storage- they won't even quote you a policy if you say it won't be stored indoors. Here is how mine is listed with them-

1969 KAISER JEEP M-35 A2
STAKE
Vehicle Type: Military
Garaging: Private
Garage/Barn/Pole Building
MI State Assessment: Historic:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks