• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Roar

MAGNUM

I have noticed an intense roar from my intake while hwy driving. Seems like at low RPMs in town it is quiet. I am sure this is normal but I was wondering if anyone else has found a remedy?:cookoo: Maybe a snorkel?

MAGNUM

The noise is directly from the " throtle body " I just figured a snorkel would redirect the roar to wherever I plumbed it to.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, adding a tube to the intake, like a normal vehicle will help quiet the roar.

Hasdrubal

Go to a wrecker and look for a plastic intake resonator off a civy 6.2. I got mine after noticing that several guys up here have them on their 6.2's. Makes a difference. Its # 10 on the pic. Mine isn't exactly as shown, there are probably a few styles out there but it fits the stock air cleaner opening . The other end I have zap-strapped to the corner of the front battery tray.

Attachments