• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Robo impact tool

To revive an old thread (seems better than making a new one)...
I'm looking at impact wrenches, and of course came across the roboimpact. Hearing all the mixed reviews, I dug a little into the models. There are two obvious versions, the D handle, and the pistol grip, but it appears there are two differently powered versions as well:

All 24v, listed under their industrial tools section:
Cat. No. 2002: 1/2" Square Drive, 30amp motor, D handle
Cat. No. 2010: 1/2" Square Drive, 30amp motor, pistol grip
Cat. No. 2016: 3/4" Square Drive, 30amp motor, pistol grip

but now it gets interesting:
Cat. No. 2011: 3/4" Square Drive, 35amp motor, pistol grip, (nsn: 5130-01-370-2264)
This one falls under the kit for the M1 abrams. Emailed them for more details, but have not heard back yet.

Seems likely that the differences between experiences with the tool could come down to that 5 amp difference.

Any thoughts to add before I go find myself a 35 amp version on fleabay?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My results are mixed but mostly poor in nature. My robo wouldn't break some lug nuts off either. It took a breaker bar and pipe to pop them loose. Tightening didn't seem to be a problem. I haven't sold mine yet but have been contemplating letting her go.

Eliteweapons

I added an tee to the glad hand shut off valve and installed an air hose connector. I carry my impact, standard issue gearwrench and a cheap torque multiplier in my toolbox. That combo gets everything off but I usually only need my 1/2 Earthquake XT to get them off. It has almost 1200 fl/lb of breakaway torque supposedly.

rustystud

The "Robo Impact tool" is not for removing lug nuts. That is why your suppose to have the gear reduction lug nut tool. Once the nuts are free you can use the tool. Now tightening the lug nuts it is OK to run them up with the Robo tool, then torque them to spec. For all other nuts and bolts the Robo tool is OK to use.

Reactions: HDN

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I run the dewalt XR 1/2" gun. It just did a set of 6 tire swap

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

glaser06

Just picked up a 2002 off everyone's favorite auction site for $200. Couldn't pass up finally being able to use my slave port. Also saw a 7863 Lugmaster 24 DVC Military 1/2" drive impact. It has a built in light which is nice, but I didn't think it was $240 more nice. Any thoughts on that particular impact? It also utilizes the slave port.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't trust anything but a true big torque wrench or my truck four way and a cheater pipe. Truck four way $80 bucks. Possible cheater pipe free. Never found them to let me down on removal or install. When on install the nut speaks it's tight.

Last edited:

glaser06

Broke my last 4 way with a cheater pipe. I'd like to have a second option if necessary (I'll still carry a 4-way, just will be my backup now). Plus, changing 8 lugs is a bit faster with the impact, esp on the side of the interstate or in a mudhole where you can't "spin" the 4-way.

glaser06

Just noticed what sub-forum this is in. My application is for a CUCV (wheel torque 115 ft*lb according to TM) so this will suit my needs fine. If I recall correctly, the deuce is somewhere around 340 ft*lbs for it's lug nuts. I can see how this may not work for y'all as well.

Jericho

They gave me good service, If you had hard plastic chips also get the new KEVLAR shield assy and BRUSHES , they are an easy rebuild , just observe during disassembly , I have no problem taking off nuts, It keeps up with my YELLOW electric impact easily. I thought parts were cheap , service was quick , but they did tell me they are going to discontinue parts "soon" (what ever that means ) and they extend NO warranty on the parts they sell for the 24 volt unit , Lady did tell me it was intended for Hum Vees

coachgeo

many of their 1/2 drive models are 275 ft lb .

Their 2011 model 3/4 drive specs are: (specs are from manufacture message)

Input voltage: 28v
Torque: 350 ft lbs
No load RPM: 2200
BPM: 2000

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the robo impact 1/2. Recently purchased a 67 m107 water buffalo that had plenty of corroded fastners and pretty confidant the tires and rims where very very old... Lugs would not budge. Let PB blaster soak in a few days and started with the robo. Nothing at first but I kept moving in a star pattern a few minutes on each lug then moved on. Slowly but surely each lug would give up the death grip. Ran the tool till it would get pretty hot then let it cool off. I know the torque value listed above but suspect it is underrated just like everything the military purchases. Overbuilt and under specd.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks