• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rock Mountain Wildfire - North Georgia

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yep...we just had a real "turd floater" here and more expected today and tomorrow. I kinda wish it would not drop so much at once but we'll take what the Good Lord gives us.:grin:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just saw that Gatlinburg has lost over 30 buildings due to the fires in The Smoky Mtns.

:-(

Although we have a near zero chance of having wildfires around here we are almost 6 inches low on annual rainfall. The good news is that we got .73 inches yesterday.

Keep safe everyone.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm praying for rain, for the firefighters, for the residents, and for the wildlife in the areas surrounding the fires.

The smoke can severely affect people with sensitive respiratory systems. Wear respirators when you're outside if you have to. Stay safe, y'all.

Last edited:

BnaditCorps

I'm praying for rain, for the firefighters, for the residents, and for the wildlife in the areas surrounding the fires.

The smoke can severely affect people with sensitive respiratory systems. Wear respirators when you're outside if you have to. Stay safe, y'all.
Chimney Tops 2 Fire.jpg

Blue is the containment lines set for the day shift today (11/30/16). Look at it and let it sink in.

If no one gets it I'll explain it tomorrow morning or afternoon.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just saw that Gatlinburg has lost over 30 buildings due to the fires in The Smoky Mtns.

:-(

Although we have a near zero chance of having wildfires around here we are almost 6 inches low on annual rainfall. The good news is that we got .73 inches yesterday.

Keep safe everyone.
Now reporting 700+ buildings, 7 lives confirmed lost, many more missing and search has just begun.

Heartbreaking...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife has actually been in the parade that they have the first Friday of Dec two or three times. They cancelled the one for tomorrow which I expected.

We spent our honeymoon up in the hill above Stoplight 1 and anyone who knows Gatlinburg knows everything goes by the numbers on the lights.

It just keeps getting worse as they find more bodies and someone that has ties to the Dayton area is looking for his wife and daughter.

I wanted my wife to change our New Years Day plans for that weekend to Gatlinburg, not to see how bad it is but to help them with the tourist dollars the town depends on. she said everything is booked solid and that's good. I just hope it stays that way.

zout

On the flight to mich we saw the fires from the air.....totally sickening sight. We rode alot up there with different Harley groups and lodged up there.

Wesley was posting current info on FB through the weekend that made us even more heartbroken for those folks.