• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rockwell gear setup

sewerzuk

I recently pulled my 3rd members out of my deuce (installed some donor 3rds with lockers in them). One of the 3rds I pulled out has significant play in the pinion shaft (both lateral and longitudinal, due to bearing design). I was going to pull this apart and correct the problem...but I can't seem to find backlash, torque, preload etc. specs anywhere for these axles! I am no expert at gear setup, but I have done probably at least 30 gear changes before so I can get a good mesh pattern.

So...has anybody done this before? Any tips/tricks/advice? Any idea on the specs I mentioned?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks