• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rockwell Locker question

B3.3T

With the wheels off the ground, if I turn one side at a time, I get the click, click, click of a Detroit Locker. If I turn both, no clicking. Is that what I have; a Detroit Locker installed, or is it something else? I just am not familiar with Rockwells enough to know for sure...

tm america

when you spin one wheel does the other go the same way or opposite . if same way probably a locker if opposite probably got some broken spider gears:roll:

Maxgussam

Thats the best kind of locker :grin:

I wonder how well it'd work if you just welded the middle axle and put a lockout hub on it for street driving.
"Lincoln Locker"!

I have done that on off road only Jeeps... It worked well in them, I don't know about a vehicle that large though.

mudguppy

With the wheels off the ground, if I turn one side at a time, I get the click, click, click of a Detroit Locker. If I turn both, no clicking. Is that what I have; a Detroit Locker installed, or is it something else? I just am not familiar with Rockwells enough to know for sure...
check the attached. the "test" starts on page 12.

Attachments