• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rocky Mountain Airshow, Denver

70deuce

Its almost time again for the Military Vehicle Collectors of Colorado (MVCC) to roll for their big even at the Colorado Sport International Air Show and Rocky Mountain Regional Fly-In Aug 24-26. It will take place in Denver at the Rocky Mountain Metro Airport (BJC) just NW of Denver. The MVCC will have 60+ vehicles and numerous equipment displays there for the weekend. The headliner for the airshow this year is the F-22 demo team. Anyone in the area during this weekend come on by and see us. Here is a link to the Airshow's website and the SS posts for the last two years.

Home | Colorado Sport Aviation

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/74218-2011-rocky-mountain-airshow-denver.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/56755-over-50-mvcc-units-denver-airshow.html

Oldfart

A few set up photos

Attachments

Oldfart

Some more photos from Saturday

Attachments

mcmullag

some more pics from the weekend

We lucked out again with the weather. My truck was surrounded by 4 deuces and 3 five tons. I slept in the bed of my truck and had 4 deuces around me with folks and families sleeping in them. Great weekend.

Attachments

steelandcanvas

Some More Photos-Rocky Mtn Air Show

Just a few to add to a sucessful AirShow

Attachments

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another successful air show. Wish we could have been there. Looks like you had a great time and great weather for it.

Love the eating area and the MKT

Who brought the Stuart?

steelandcanvas

Love the eating area and the MKT.
Who brought the Stuart?
The dining area was great, it allowed all of us to eat together, instead of getting your food and running for some shade.

Russ M. brought his Stuart and Staff Car.

Carol and I had a great time, but we felt like we were rode hard and put away wet by the time we got home. Missed you and Peg.

Last edited:

Oldfart

a few more photos

A few more photos. I am trying to find the ones we took of the Half-track and tank loading out, but I guess those will have to be later.

Attachments

Blueduce

Congratulations on what looked like a successful show. Wow, Jim wasn't kidding when he said you guys pull out all the stops. The last time I saw this many MV's in one spot I was still in the service.
I was killing my self to get up there in time to join you guys but couldn't quite make it. Wonderful picks, you guys looked great.

Blueduce

Very impressive. Our MV club down here will have it's biggest turn out this Saturday at the "Warbirds on parade" air show in Lancaster, TX I think we'll nave 4 MV's and M101 trailer. :not worthy:

It should be a good show there will be at least two other MVPA clubs there as well as the CSA Dallas air wing along with the Cold war flight museum and from what I'm told a bunch of reinactors. I'll post lot's of picks.

mactiredearg

You never know who you'll run into at our airshow display...

The first two mugs are steelsoldiers' own steelandcanvas and 70deuce.

Attachments

mactiredearg

mess hall & our cruise missile display (yes, we had to get people off it who were doing the strangelove pose).

Then mini "aerial" shots from the top of my ladder. Our display area was 100' deep by 700' long. These shots are from early Sunday when the crowd was a touch lighter than the 40,000 the show saw on Saturday. And we had a TON of folks wandering through our display both days...

Attachments

70deuce

More pics. Steelandcanvas's 10K generator got a good workout over the weekend and never missed a beat. Sunday morning balloon launch was impressive. More of the baloon pics to follow.

Attachments

mactiredearg

70deuce's pic showing the guy on the bike is actually of a military battery powered bicycle. I got a chance to try the thing out and it MOVES when you hit the accelerator. People were whipping around on it all weekend.

70deuce

More pics. The kitchen trailer and dining area worked extremely well for us and gave the crowd a little insight on how the active duty guys eat some meals. Many watched our wifes who did an outstanding job of cooking and serving for the weekend do their thing with a cool piece of military hardware.

Attachments

70deuce

Thanks to the Wings Over the Rockies Aerospace Museum for loaning the cruisew missile. There are rumors that one of George Lucas' full scale Star Wars X-Wing fighters that the museum has may show up next year.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks