• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rod and main bearing set.

eodcoduto

I just picked up a 6.2 from an M1009 that showed around 60k on the speedo. The engine has sat for about 6 years with the air cleaner off so I stripped it down to the bare block. Good thing too, one of the air cleaner nuts was resting against an intake valve. The block is perfect, it still has crosshatching in all of the cylinders all the way to the top of the cylinder! But since it had sand get into it, a couple of the rod bearings were scored while the engine was turned over during disassembly.

So here are my questions. Which supplier do you recommend, and which size do I need? The rod bearings have 139J 2 stamped in them and the mains say A200 .013. The rods and crank are perfect, and I wouldn't be doing this if the engine didn't have the sand in it. The engine is a stock bore, I don't see any oversize stamps on the pistons.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks