• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rod bearings and oil squirters, oil pump gasket

Bowtie70SS

I am having a friend change my head gaskets and cylinder liners and pistons. I ended up having 3 cylinders with broken rings and my head gaskets were leaking oil. I bought 6 pistons and sleeves and when they were unwrapped I have 1 piston which does not match and I am missing 2 squirters. I am working with the seller to get a matching piston and squirter, but if he doesnt have squirters where can i get them? Im also looking for a oil pump gasket and the correct rod bearings. The bearings arent marked oversized and my engine has no rebuild tag. Truck is a 70 so is engine and bearings are dated 5 70. Part number is FM 10889811 is that standard? Thanks, and yes i did search but 10 pages of results...oh man.

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oil squirter pictured looks like the ones that came in my LDS-1A piston assemblies. Exactly what do the rings of the pistons look like? There are at least three types and which type is shown in the number of rings they have. The latest ones for the LDS have five rings. There are several threads on this, but none have been added to in a couple of years. Possible search terms are 'lds piston differences', 'deuce piston assemblies', 'ldt vs lds pistons' and so forth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks