• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ROLL CALL: "West Texas Detachment" Identify Yourselves, Please.

CROWBAR

I DON'T HAVE A MIL VEH OF MY OWN, OUR ASSC HAS ONE STORED IN IL (THE UNTOUCHABLE). I'M THE HISTORIAN FOR THE 359th TRANS CO (VIETNAM), AND RUN THE WEB SITE FOR IT ( http://WWW.359THTRANSCO.COM ) I HAVE OVER 10,000 PIC'S FROM VIETNAM STORED HERE AT MY HOUSE FROM THE CO IN NAM. SPENT 21 YR'S IN THE ARMY ALL IN VEH MAINTENANCE, 3 OF WHICH WERE IN THE DEPOT ENGINE REBUILD SHOP IN OKINAWA. SEE MY PROFILE AT ( http://WWW.ARMY.TOGETHERWESERVED.COM/PROFILE/196822 ) I'M LEAVING SUNDAY 3 AUG FOR THE GATHERING IN GA.

CROWBAR

THE GUY'S FROM THE 359th HAVE BEEN SENDING ME THEIR PIC'S FOR SEVERAL YEARS.
ALL BUT ONE OF THEM CAME FROM THE GUY'S, AS CO HISTORIAN I PUT THEM INTO ALBUM'S.
BEFORE I FORGET I TYPE IN CAP'S BECAUSE OF CRIPPLED HAND.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do we have a meet or offroad trip coming up?
Nothing scheduled at this time.
Any suggestions, thoughts, dates/locations to consider?

I think the next "event" here in San Angelo that I'd be rolling the Deuce to will be the 9-11 Remembrances that are typically held here, followed by any Veterans Day events in November. We also do a Veterans Day Parade on one of the Saturdays nearest the 11/11 day.

As for off-roading, not many public venues left around here. Only private ranchland possibilities.
The San Angelo State Park has no trails that accommodate these trucks.
The public lands around the Twin Buttes Reservoir have been generally off-limits to off roaders due to "abuse" of privileges: dumping, substance abuse, recklessness, and overall stupidity.

Thoughts???

red

Out here we have an offroad park in Stanton but most of the trails are too small, designed for 4 wheelers/dirt bikes. Got spoiled while I was stationed in Utah, legal offroad trails EVERYWHERE with varying difficulty and length.

When we get a 4 day weekend we could meet at Big Bend. Scenic routes there that are not difficult. That's a remote trip.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a gathering at Elephant Butte lake coming up that is listed in the upcoming events section. Lots of beach and hills there for our trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks