• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ROLL CALL: "West Texas Detachment" Identify Yourselves, Please.

wtxpumper

Thank you usafss. Yeah red I saw u where out there. What outfit do you work for? I figured u would need at least a deuce to not get killed by a water truck in midland.

wtxpumper

I ride a m109r. But try to stay away from midland. Had a guy I went to school with got killed on the loop here a few months ago. **** I hit a deer about 5 months ago coming out of alpine tx. Broke ribs, broke collar bone, and a bunch of road rash. I'm with Clayton Williams energy.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Convoy with Red out here to the El Paso area and we can do some wheelin' here.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know, I was trying to convince one more. Two, if John is interested as well.

Another Ahab

Subscribed:

- Just to follow, in case you all secede or something else real interesting like that

Long Remember Cynthia Ann Parker!

Last edited:

Artisan

You West Texas gents, if you are somewhat close to any GL outlet
and if you or your local boyscouts (or?) want to make a few extra dabloons
from time to time perhaps looking at stuff and loading out stuff and
getting it off to me , just let me know via PM ONLY please.
No bologna here, I prepay...

( I am a Panhandle guy myself, well, Mom is from Borger,TX )

wtxpumper

I'd be good with an El Paso trip. Have to plan something since I'm on a 10-4 schedule. If y'all ever get a wild hair and want to get stuck come to pecos. Gotta wait in the river to go down first or somebody will be swimming

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Artisan - there are a couple of SSers that like hanging out at the Ft. Bliss GL lot. I will point out your request to them and let them chime in or not. There is also a member from AZ that is at the lot a lot.

wtx - I don't necessarily mind getting stuck on occasion is someone with an equally or greater sized truck is nearby but I don't like mud. I prefer sand because it involves very little cleanup afterward.

red

Wtxpumper I'm headed to el Paso on Friday the 17th when I get off work around 5pm. Headed back this way on Sunday. I'm currently on the 9x20 ndt's so my cruising speed is 50mph. Figure do some camping and offroading, then load up my bed with cargo on the trip back.

wtxpumper

I'm on the 9x20s as well and sweaty Betty only likes 50 mph. I believe I'm off that weekend let me make sure they don't have me scheduled to bring on any wells. I will pm u.

red

Getting ready to roll. Have 1 flat tire but otherwise I'm set. Carrying spare belts, wheel bearings, fluids, and a few other items as usual. Should be rolling by 6pm friday

red

Well bad news with the deuce. Went to replace the flat tire and some of the wheel studs are stripping (yes turning the correct way), checked the other axles and having a few others doing the same thing. Looks like I'm making the trip with the 05 pickup and finding a trailer

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's too bad. I was looking forward to six-wheeling (ten in your case) out in the hills together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks