• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ROLL CALL: "West Texas Detachment" Identify Yourselves, Please.

tjwareusmc

Haha, actually these guys had been through ****. They had seen tons of action and you could see it all over them. They had the old school M16A1s, with full auto and they made the best of it. One of the guys had taken an RPG into his tractor the day before and walked away. I don't think they had slept in a week. I felt bad for them.

DavidWymore

Nah, this was a free local pickup only deal. I had to go get her after interning for a year.

The first time I drove out there, I swore I'd never to it again. Longest most boring drive I'd ever done. So of course when we got married, part of the deal was we had to come visit often, so now I've done it 1000 times.

Another Ahab

Nah, this was a free local pickup only deal. I had to go get her after interning for a year.

The first time I drove out there, I swore I'd never to it again. Longest most boring drive I'd ever done. So of course when we got married, part of the deal was we had to come visit often, so now I've done it 1000 times.
That's funny, because kind of a similar story with me and my beautiful bride.

She's native to Tennessee, from Chattanooga, and came to work in D.C. on the Hill for Senator Howard Baker. She wouldn't cross North of the Potomac and lived in Virginia.

I got sweet on her, but lived in Maryland; raised there my whole life. Marylanders didn't cross the river into Virginia. And I learned how Virginia folk would never set foot in Maryland if they could avoid it. Silly, but the way it was (sort of still is). It's human nature I guess. The people on the other side of the river are always suspect.

So against the advice of all my friends I ventured into Virginia for a date. I got lost.

Asked for a second date; went into Virginia again. I got lost again.

She was sweet, so I asked for a third date. I went into Virginia the third time; got lost again. But BINGO; it was different this time. I said to myself, "Wait a minute", and I looked around..."I've been lost here before. I know where i AM; no problem!"

And after that I never looked back. I moved to Virginia, and Idon't have any plans for leaving. The End.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's funny, because kind of a similar story with me and my beautiful bride.

She's native to Tennessee, from Chattanooga, and came to work in D.C. on the Hill for Senator Howard Baker. She wouldn't cross North of the Potomac and lived in Virginia.

I got sweet on her, but lived in Maryland; raised there my whole life. Marylanders didn't cross the river into Virginia. And I learned how Virginia folk would never set foot in Maryland if they could avoid it. Silly, but the way it was (sort of still is). It's human nature I guess. The people on the other side of the river are always suspect.

So against the advice of all my friends I ventured into Virginia for a date. I got lost.

Asked for a second date; went into Virginia again. I got lost again.

She was sweet, so I asked for a third date. I went into Virginia the third time; got lost again. But BINGO; it was different this time. I said to myself, "Wait a minute", and I looked around..."I've been lost here before. I know where i AM; no problem!"

And after that I never looked back. I moved to Virginia, and Idon't have any plans for leaving. The End.
Everybody loves a good love story.

In the old days, they used to red books LIVE on the radio for pre-TV entertainment. On occasion the reader would mess up - that was called a "BLOOPER.

...And as the old blooper goes, "And so ends another virgin of a famous love story."

Mark1954

OK, Steel Soldiers...

SPEAK UP if you are one of the (unofficial) west Texas Detachment members !

If you are based in the west Texas area, sign up here.

If you are generally located in the "isolated" regions of west Texas - west of the I-35 Corridor, south of the Panhandle, east of the New Mexico border, and North of the Rio Grande - then you've probably noticed that other members are as few and far between as the towns we live in.

(If you look at the Old Steel Soldiers Site and glance at the Member Map, you'll see the area.... there are almost NO DOTS !) http://old.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=GoogleMap (Y'all in southeastern New Mexico are "qualified", too!)

This thread is where you can speak up and identify yourselves for the rest of us. Let's establish a "composite unit" of us isolated and scattered SS Members.

[edit: added new MAP link...]
SS West Texas Detachment Member Map - Google Maps

I'll start it:

John Bariou (& Dianna)
San Angelo, Tom Green County, Texas

---> Add your name and location (include City/County please) <---

NOTE:

I will update the list every once in while as a printable roster for everyone.
Mark & Linda Hannifin
South of Abilene, Taylor Co. TX
FLU419 SEE

Mark1954

Interesting to learn about the Big Bend trip, now in progress.
Glad people are out enjoying their toys/investments and not just maintaining garage queens.
Are any plans for other get togethers in the future?

Deadpoolz

What's up guys. John Caldwell from San Angelo, TX here. Picking up a bobbed M35A2 next week. Hope to get a lot of valuable info from this page and hopefully make some new friends!

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi John, welcome from FAR west Texas. If you have not yet met our Chaplain John (from San Angelo), you need to. He is a great ambassador to this hobby.
Vick

Another Ahab

Deadpoolz;1962354[COLOR=#daa520 said:
]What's up guys. John Caldwell from San Angelo, TX here.[/COLOR] Picking up a bobbed M35A2 next week. Hope to get a lot of valuable info from this page and hopefully make some new friends!
I'm not a Texan, but welcome anyhow from Virginia.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks