• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rome, Ga. Memorial Day Parade ans Ceremony

WTHancock

Rome, Ga. Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony

Hello everyone,
I would like to invite everyone to the Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony in Rome, Ga. I am a member of the group that plans this parade and I would like to let everyone know about it. We have uniforms for all of the major conflicts from the American Revolution through the Persian Gulf Conflicts. We also have flags from all 50 states. We invite folks to come wear our uniforms and carry the flags in this parade. The parade begins at 3:01 pm on Monday May 30th. The displays begin at 10:00am. We have living histories and displays in a small grass park as well. You can see our past parade pics at http://www.romanlegionltd.com/
I apologize for the short notice, but I only found out about this site over the weekend. We would love to add some more vehicles to our parade for our veterans to ride in. Also, your impressions are welcome, or bring the family and carry a banner or flag and join us in remembering our fallen heroes.
Thank you,
Bill Hancock

NOTE: I can not get the link to work. If you type it in or type it into a search engine it works. You can also just scroll down to the post by 1958 M274. He has included a working link. Thanks guys. I hope to see some of you there.
And remember, everyone is invited to bring the family with them and walk in the parade or watch this unique parade.
Bill H.

Last edited:

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, can we help them out?
They were at the Kennesaw Timeline event with some of us and are an interesting group.
Sure would be a good way to remember Memorial Day.
I would go but as stated already have a commitment.

zout

I get nothing from their link they supplied above - but this may be the place Dinger and I can get the 109's up and help them out. We wanted to go somewhere and the one in Roswell had some bad info that came back to me.

Let me know.

Monica

Current plan is to have myself, and the Diva there.

She does have a flag mount on her, but I'm afraid I haven't gotten her a flag pole yet.

WTHancock

Come be with us

I have been asked a couple of questions that I will answer here:
Yes, we still have room for more vehicles and more people to march in the uniforms and carry state flags. Bring your own uniform or wear one of ours.
There is no sign up or entry fee. Simply join us in the parking lot behind Citizens' First Bank in Rome, Ga. That is on the corner of Broad Street and Riverside Parkway. Be there around 1:30 to get dressed out and in line.
If you have something to display, we are setting up in the grass area near the river on Broad Street. We will be there by 10:00.
If you want to watch the parade, it starts from the parking lot behind the bank and ends across the river at Myrtle Hill Cemetery. The parade steps off at 3:01.
Please join us,
Bill H.

Monica

Well, those of thus who attended had a blast. Of course, that ill be Bill H and I... Not a possum or goat in sight.

Seriously guys, this has got to have been one of the best memorial parades and services I have ever been to. Top notch, and I will be back next year.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks