• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rookie Horn Help...

Canislupus

Just got a 1967 M109A3, and I'm in process of learning by "Leaps & Bounds".
My set of Air Horns have never made a Peep... The button is gone and some of these parts are there, and there is no "Wire" going down the center of the steering Column. There is however a long Brass plastic coated rod, going down there, but I don't know how far it goes. The Brass rod IS movable, it almost seems like it's "Air Dampened", going in & out, but I'm sure it's not. Here's a link:
Horn Button Rebuild Kit For M35/M54, 5702506
to a diagram that closest fits what I have some pieces for. I need help real bad on this thing, because what good is having a Deuce, with no horn?
Can anybody help me irritate my Neighbors??

Thanks in Advance,

Bill

Started out ALL Green, Started Camo this week, weather permitting.

Attachments

papercu

Does your has a air horn? Most M109 came with the electric horn. I have a kit for the upgrade but it only for the horn replacement (not the button items) Wayne

Canislupus

Does your has a air horn? Most M109 came with the electric horn. I have a kit for the upgrade but it only for the horn replacement (not the button items) Wayne
Yup got an Air one for sure, it has an air hose that goes to it. Green painted Trumpets. Biggest problem is that the Mechanism in the center of the steering wheel is shot, maybe I should start @ the OTHER End... Dunno

Last edited:

dabtl

There is a simpler version of the horn button replacement available. This one is from TNJ Murray and is much simpler to install.

Attachments

Canislupus

There is a simpler version of the horn button replacement available. This one is from TNJ Murray and is much simpler to install.
Yup, WAY Easier from what I see. Ordered it installed it, STILL Horn No workie.
I've been going through the "Resource"Manuals ALL DAY today, and can't find anything on Electrical Lights / Horn, and I'm about getting fairly IRRITATED. I have traced the lines through the system and finally got to the Breaker on the firewall where #25 (Horn Wire Meets other Wire) #10... I can\t figure out where 10 goes, and I know that's where my 24 Volts is supposed to come from...
Currently have no air horn, No BRAKE Lights, and No Turn Signals...

AND NO More Patience...

Somebody PLEASE HELP ME.... And Thanks to OD Coyote, for getting me this far !!

Bill