• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rotator beacon

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
That looks like a MILES beacon......used on vehicles to denote a "kill" when hit by a lazer from another vehicle or crew served weapon. It is supposed to have an amber (I think) cover on it.

The Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System or MILES is used by the US military and other armed forces around the world for training purposes. It uses lasers and blank cartridges to simulate actual battle.

Coincidentally, MILES is also the Latin word for soldier.

Attachments

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I remember,the early ones used the "Universal" mounting kit
with rotators,and the later used more "Vehicle specific" mounts as WM 's
pics illustrate and the strobepack with guard as in WM's post.
popacom / BILL in Ky.[thumbzup]

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
P.S. to my last post>>>>I will bring you the rotators and pieces
parts that I have when we hook up next Sir Gimpagin. popacom [thumbzup]

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thanks Bill, I worked on this one for a couple hours and it is rusted pats resurrection. I did get all the bolts free, so the mount is good!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did I miss something? Was that beacon on the passenger side of your truck at Haspin?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks