• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rotopax Fuel Cans Installed

SPCHowe

So I came across these fuel cans on the interwebs and decided to pick up a few for my M1009. They arrived today and I went outside to "see how they look" in the truck and ended up mounting them :grin: Haven't filled them up with fuel yet, need to either find a way to better mount the cans or reinforce the way it sits now so a left turn wont rip it off the side of the truck. I'm thinking maybe some deck rails from a truck bed...anyway what do you think of how they look???

Attachments

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,

What kind of spout do those cans have on them..... and also, can the lock mechanism be individually keyed?

thanks

Ziggy

Last edited:

SPCHowe

The spouts are the new "ECO" spouts that have to be twisted to be opened, and yes the locks can be individually keyed, you just have to specify what you want when ordering.

The spouts are locked into the can under the fuel cap so you won't risk breaking it or losing it like I would lol

mistaken1

A little bracing at the bed rail and extending the new bracket down to the floor mounting points of the original jerry can support should be sturdy enough to keep your new cans in place.

davidkroberts

will the stock fuel can mount work or is it too wide at the bottom. that might be enough to stabilize it.

Personally, I would install an eyebolt in the mount on the bottom of the raised mount and another at the hardtop and just run a bungy or cargo starp through it, to tighten it to the mount you already have.

SPCHowe

My truck didn't come with the stock fuel can mount so I have no clue if it would fit. I was also thinking of using a bungy cord or two to take the stress off the rail at least.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks