• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rotted vacuum hose?

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My vacuum hoses and part #9 (adapter) are rotten. My question is can the hoses be run directly into the regulator bypassing the adapter? Anyone know what size hose and how much I need? And what about 2 through 6, can that be left out also?
Yes, run the hoses directly to the regulator. I'm not sure of the hose, cut a small section off and take it to the parts store. 2- 6 All you need to do is cap it off.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My vacuum hoses and part #9 (adapter) are rotten. My question is can the hoses be run directly into the regulator bypassing the adapter? Anyone know what size hose and how much I need? And what about 2 through 6, can that be left out also?
I think you will be happier over time if you make the effort to replace everything rubber under the hood. Vacuum lines, fuel lines, radiator hoses, and belts. Don't want you to create a "franken-truck". Spend a little more effort and keep it as original as you can. Of course everybody is entitled to an opinion...

ssdvc

I just got done replacing my hoses and don't have the adapter on mine. However, you will need two different size hoses and size transition pieces if you don't use it.

Michael

Ended up being 3 different sizes. I bought 5/32 Inch, 3/16 Inch and 3/8 Inch. The 3/16 was too tight but I was able to force in on. Probably should have been 7/32 inch. Gates part numbers, 27042, 27001 and 27004. I got 4 feet of the 5/32 and 1 foot of the others and had a lot left over.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ended up being 3 different sizes. I bought 5/32 Inch, 3/16 Inch and 3/8 Inch. The 3/16 was too tight but I was able to force in on. Probably should have been 7/32 inch. Gates part numbers, 27042, 27001 and 27004. I got 4 feet of the 5/32 and 1 foot of the others and had a lot left over.
Might be the cheapest fix you ever did to a MV.
And it makes more difference than most things too!

Congrats and happy that you got them replaced...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks