• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rough starting m1009

nighttrain2006

when i picked up the m1009 it started fine

now it starts then dies right away, then doesnt want to start again u really have to crank it to start it.

i change the oil, air and fuel filters

plan on buy new plugs and fuel pump

any ideas on what the problem mite be

Rebelpride

You probly got air into the system when you changed the fuel filter. You will need to crack the bleeder on top and crank till fuel squirts out. This requires 2 people. Then it should crank, run rough for a bit then smooth out.

trkosaur

I had the exact same problem. Starts right away, dies. It usually takes two sets of good cranking with the pedal down to get it to fire after that.

I did two things and she fires right up now. Changed the fuel filter and bled according to the manual. I am pretty sure that I had a bit of air in the system which was causing the whole problem.

Also, I cleaned the plunger that sits right on top of the injection pump (looks like a screw sticking out). Make sure it can move easily as it is directly related to your throttle and can get stuck easily.

Seemed to work for me, hopefully this helps you out.