• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rounded bolt

jgleasonraptor350

Long story short, broke an axle shaft on my m1009, bought a new shaft, went too put it in and rounded the bolt that holds the gear pin in.

I have no idea how to get it out and need my 1009 running before tomorrow as its my DD.

Skinny

I believe the majority of those call for a threadlocker as a small fastener with such a big job cannot be tightened very much. Heat is your friend to break the threadlocker.

Some yoyo probably over tightened it at one point or didn't check first in the manual to see if it was reverse thread like some diffs have.

jgleasonraptor350

Thanks for the link.

New problem, the shaft I pulled does not fit. Lugs are bigger in diameter and the shaft I pulled is longer. I thought it was out of a 10 bolt but I guess not, maybe they changed the design over the years?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks