• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RPM Red line for 6.2L

erasedhammer

So I'm hearing more and more about people driving at 65 mph on freeways. I have started driving at 60 mph now and the rpm gauge (I have the windshield mounted one, runs off the alternator) and I'm almost at 3400 rpm at ~61 mph. So is the red line of the engine not 3400?

Barrman

The injection pump has a governor in it. It will slow down sending fuel when it reaches a set rpm. Who knows what each of ours is set it until we try bouncing it off of the setting. I don't know about you, but I cringe at the thought of just holding down the pedal to see where the engine will stop at.

I have done it on my M35A2, but 2775 rpm doesn't sound as tightly wound as the 6.2's do above 3,000.

Assel

In Germany we have to pass a Exhaust Gas test where they push your engine to its deadline ... a few times. I thought my 6.2 was about to explode, they had to restart their testing device because on the first attempt my CUCV killed it. All shop doors open, smoke everywhere rofl ,on the 2nd attempt they pushed it 6-7 times to 3600rpm and hold it there for 5-6 seconds (they measured it with a magnet) . Luckily I passed the test and my engine still runs good & is not leaking anything. I had driven it for about an hour before that, to make sure everything was on operating temperature...

erasedhammer

Is yours "slick"......or you have lots of options hung on it.......mine is a 998a1 2 door soft top with nothing extra on it
You can look at my avatar. I only have the helmet top on it currently. It's light and is decently slick. I did recently put on a 7' whip.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks