• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RT-1439 manual operation.... need some help

CanonNinja

Got my radio today, pretty cool little setup. Checks out GOOD and everything seems to be ok. However, I need some help from those with the radios and have played with em.

Basically, I cant get the radio to reprogram the channels for manual operation. Going by the TM i have, in Single Channel mode, SQ on, even on the MAN channel, I cant clear out the memory and program my own frequency lists. Seems like my keypad is INOP aua Any help would be great

papakb

I had problems with my keypad too when I first got the 1439. I took the keypad off and cleaned it with a little isopropyl alcohol. Worked fine afterwards. Find a salvaged front panel and play with the keypad to get a feel for how to do it. You might check with Steve Haney up in Godley for a panel.

Kurt

serial14

On my radio I do the following.

Single Channel, MAN channel, hit FREQ button, hit clear button, type freq( all 5 digits), hit ENT button.

What I've never figured out is if you can program channels 1-5 manually through the front panel, or if you have to use a computer loader. If anybody knows how that'd be sweet. It'd be even nicer if you could manually program a frequency hopping channel through the front panel.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I say again...
Make sure the Function switch is in the LOAD (LD) setting before trying to program it.

You can program the 5 single channel freq's thru the keyboard no problem To do crypto for Freq Hop, you need a crypto device with current crypto, so thats not going to happen.

CanonNinja

emmado, you da man! thanks!

And after pressing the keys pretty hard, the keypad seems to be working fine now. Going to look for a new front panel and knobs soon, almost everything, down to my VIC 1 and control boxes look NOS with current CARC, but the radio has seen some use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks