• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RT524 help needed, mount conversion/adapter, correct antenna

PowerstrokeNC

I was hoping someone could help me solve a few issues.

I have an RT524 radio with an existing radio tray (see pic) the plug on the tray doesn't work with the 524 obviously. Is there an adapter? Another option?

also does anyone know what types of Mil antennas I can use? My truck has a brand new Mil antenna on it that is approx 100-102 inches judging by the 102 whip near it. This is not the Mil freq adjustable one I have seen with other versions...
I appreciate anyone's help on this. Thanks

IMG_6430.jpg

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I I have an RT524 radio with an existing radio tray (see pic) the plug on the tray doesn't work with the 524 obviously. Is there an adapter? Another option?

also does anyone know what types of Mil antennas I can use? My truck has a brand new Mil antenna on it that is approx 100-102 inches judging by the 102 whip near it. This is not the Mil freq adjustable one I have seen with other versions...
I appreciate anyone's help on this.
View attachment 655200
Yep, MT1029 mount is the only option. You have a SINCGARS mount.
As for antenna....you need a MX6707 matching unit with whip antenna. I don't recall the actually antenna number.

So what your overall system you want is called the AN/VRC-46. It's the RT524 with all the installation mounts and wires.
The overall general radio system is call the 12 series radios.

Bart1015

I have the correct mount I would let go for cheep ($20 plus shipping). I Have the complete vrc-47 setup in my M151 and I can send you pictures of what the setup will need to look like when your done. Send me a PM if your wanting the mount.

Brett

PowerstrokeNC

I have the correct mount I would let go for cheep ($20 plus shipping). I Have the complete vrc-47 setup in my M151 and I can send you pictures of what the setup will need to look like when your done. Send me a PM if your wanting the mount.

Brett
Forgot to mention in Pm would definitely like to see pics, thanks

ONTOS66

vrc-48 setup.jpgThis shows the basic setup. Lots of variations with aux receivers, multiple radios, etc. also separate manuals for tracked vehicles and wheeled vehicles. I have the manuals for the VRC-12 family of radios in pdf if you'd like copies. Send me your email address. Or do a web search for TM-11-5820-401, that should get you the user manual as well as some maintenance and installation manuals. As previously noted, having the correct radio mount makes it a lot easier. I have most (if not all) of the components for this radio system sitting in boxes in the basement.

Dance card Bravo 25, out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks