• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RT524 pin out on main plug

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the pin marked "T" on the main plug on the back of the radio is responsible for. I have a radio that that pin is snapped off on. I am just wondering if it is responsible for a crucial function or if it is a pin used for a function that i will probably never use.

papakb

When you have 2 radios set up for retrans operation one of them is receiving on one frequency and the other transmitter is transmitting the same message on a different frequency. This was done so that you could have one radio tuned to a battalion radio net and another that would retransmit it to your local radio net. Most of the time the battalion net would be set up on the higher power radios like the RT-246 or 524 for long range communications and the retransmitting radio would be a lower power set like a PRC-25 or 77 in their vehicular configuration.

I grew up in Florham Park until the US Navy moved me to California.

Kurt
KG6KMJ

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks