• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rubber engine mounts - new?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Multi M35 -
Does anybody have a source or type or number for new (as in not NOS) engine mounts from a readily accessible supplier? Do any current parts match them, dimension-wise? I looked at a few NOS and might as well leave my rock hard old ones in.

The M35A2 has 8 engine mounts (isolators; resilient mounts):
4x NSN 19207 7538641 (upper mount)
4x NSN 19207 7538640 (lower mount)

The info is in TM9-2320-361-34P and can, for example, be found at http://www.tnjmurray.com/militaryvehicles/manuals/TM9-2320-361-34P-MF.pdf

Last edited:

rustystud

Thank you Dave! They are NOS, correct?
They will be NOS not NEW. I don't know who makes any that will fit our deuce but I know there are similar ones out there that just might work with a little tweeking. That arrangement of one on the bottom mating into the one on top is a very common design. I've even seen Polyurethane ones that might work. Just start searching.

DavidWymore

I've been thinking about dampening vibrations myself. Been looking more towards installing some cushion mounts for the cab. Got to thinking, though, do the engine mounts get hard enough to make a difference? Or do they have a solid sleeve or insert inside that they might collapse down on and become "solid"?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I checked them out when I removed them and they were rock hard. You can hammer nails in with them. Not broken, but there did not appear to be any give in them at all. Fully cured, I'd say.

yolner

Also I know some people use polyurethane construction adhesive to make their own custom mounts. Might be worth looking at too, but cutting out all the rock hard rubber would be a hassle.

rustystud

I've been thinking about dampening vibrations myself. Been looking more towards installing some cushion mounts for the cab. Got to thinking, though, do the engine mounts get hard enough to make a difference? Or do they have a solid sleeve or insert inside that they might collapse down on and become "solid"?
They all have a "sleave" like a piece of pipe that the bolts slides into. Once they get as hard as rocks though you have no cushioning or vibration control. On my CUCV I replaced all the cab and bed mounts with polyurethane bushings. They will out last me and my son. I know of some places in Seattle that could make up a "poly" mount in any configuration. In fact they said they could make me new control rod (dog-bones) bushings out of polyurethane. If they could, I'm sure there must be other places across the country that can do the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks