• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rubber fuel pump hose

Sam27

Is the rubber hose to the mechanical lift pump a custom bent deal or is it okay to use standard fuel hose? It kind of looks custom to me, but I can't tell for sure. If it is custom, is there a source for replacement?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This can be answered by looking at the -20P tech manual. Find the picture of the hose in question, then look at the part number listing. If it has a part number(GM) then it is prebent. If it says to make it from "hose #..." then it is just bulk straight hose.

ralbelt

#791805 is a 90degree molded end fuel line from Briggs and Stratton. I have had it on mine for 3 years, black rubber, fuel resistant, 1/4 in inside dia.

I have actually replaced all OEM fuel line on my M1008 with B&S fuel line.

DonK

Is the rubber hose to the mechanical lift pump a custom bent deal or is it okay to use standard fuel hose? It kind of looks custom to me, but I can't tell for sure. If it is custom, is there a source for replacement?
....COME ON MAN...!!!!!....

Doghead.....aua....You with me?

BIG_RED

Pretty sure it's a preformed fuel line. Mine sure was(Only God who know's if it was original). I replaced it with 3/8" bulk rubber fuel line (Your's was 1/4" Ralbelt?). Worked fine. Have heard of people having trouble with bulk fuel line collapsing under the pump's vacuum. Just use enough that the bend is nice & gradual - Mine worked fine. (If your fuel pickup is somewhat clogged, you may have collapsing issues.. However, if your pickup is clogged, that's a problem in itself.) Good Luck!

acesneights1

Use Pusklok. I doubt very much it's made anymore. Not much stuff is available. Ever since GM went bankrupt and screwed all there parts distributors . Even stuff for GMNT400's is drying up fast. forget about square body's.

Sam27

Yeah. it's custom. I found another thread where people claimed to have success with standard fuel line though. I'm going to give it a shot.