• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rubber rope

Gunzy

I need to get the rubber rope for the cargo cover, but I need to verify a few things. What is the diameter of the rope(1/4", 5/16", 7mm)? And what is the material it is made of(Buna, silicone, neoprene, viton, EPDM)? and lastly how much length is needed to replaced it all on a M923 cargo cover? I can purchase all types from Grainger in lengths from 10' to 100'. Any help here is appreciated. Thank you all.:confused:

Gunzy

Sorry, but the search engine is not real useful. When I use it I get so much that has nothing to do with what I am looking for that it's frustrating. Simple answers from those with the knowledge would be very nice. Thanks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps you need help learning to search. Have you asked for that ever? Clinto has a link in his sigline, offering to help members with the search function.

We just covered the rope thing a couple weeks ago.

Think about this, if you think you get too many hits on a search, by posting this thread you just added one more for the next guy.

While you most likely will get the info you need right now, you just set up the next guy for even more trouble than you had.

There are several methods/searches available on the site. It's in everyone's best interest to learn to use them as best as possible.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I just entered "rubber rope"(your thread title), in the google site search box(top right corner of the screen).

Reading the first 4 threads will answer what you need to know(or you could/should have added to one of those threads).

What and how did you search?

Here's the search results.

Rubber Rope - Steel Soldiers

My rubber rope on my M35A2 cargo cover is shot. Any ideas where I can get some? I think it was last year someone on this site had extra to sell ...

www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?55415-Rubber-Rope

Rubber rope

I need to get the rubber rope for the cargo cover, but I need to verify a few things. What is the diameter of the rope(1/4", 5/16", 7mm)? And what is the material it is ...

www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?113871-Rubber-rope&p...

Rubber rope - Steel Soldiers

Does any body have a quantity of the robber rope they would like to sell? Erik's is out and I think $6 a ft is way high at another supplier. I think I ...

www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?113140-Rubber-rope

Rubber rope [Archive] - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite
Does any body have a quantity of the robber rope they would like to sell? Erik's is out and I think $6 a ft is way high at another supplier. I think I ...

www.steelsoldiers.com/archive/index.php/t-113140.html

Rubber Cord

Where does one obtain the rubber cording for tying down the cargo cover and cab cover? Gotta source?

www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?36521-Rubber-Cord

Lashing down Cargo cover..how many feet of "Super Rope" are ...

However, I still need to get some of the rubber ("super") rope. I think Erik's Military surplus might be a little expensive, but there's a few other ...

www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?71503...how...Rope...

Rubber Rope [Archive] - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite
My rubber rope on my M35A2 cargo cover is shot. Any ideas where I can get some? I think it was last year someone on this site had extra to sell ...

www.steelsoldiers.com/archive/index.php/t-55415.html

Rubber Cord [Archive] - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite
Where does one obtain the rubber cording for tying down the cargo cover and cab cover? Gotta source?

www.steelsoldiers.com/archive/index.php/t-36521.html

I need new rubber ropes for bed cover [Archive] - Steel Soldiers ...
My bed cover rubber tie downs are rotted out, where can you get more of this rubber/rope chord? Memphis or saturn don't have it! Or straps/tie ...

www.steelsoldiers.com/archive/index.php/t-43634.html

alternates for rope tie downs??? [Archive] - Steel Soldiers::Military ...
the streachy smooth rubber (rope) used on the newer bed covers. it is really nice. the sun does break it down so keep armor all on it. it looks like ...

www.steelsoldiers.com/archive/index.php/t-78067.html