• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rubber track install

wehring

more...

NMC_EXP...
The tracks are made by Soucy. The kit includes new drive sprockets, idler wheels, spacers and studs.

Here are some action shots I just pulled off of my camera. The last pic is of some of "Da Boys" that made this possible. Mr George is one of NASA's top go-to guys and Eric is a welding/fabrication wizard so the machine has been in good hands.

This weekend will be used to prove the machine for the parade on the 13th. Saturday we will take it North to Angleton for steaks at parade speed to check fuel consumption and road test. Sunday we are scheduled to test a minigun so we will use this as a taxi and portable shooting table on the back property where the gun range is located.

Can't think of a better weekend to break in the new tracks. Pictures to follow.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

wehring

play day

Well today was a fun day. We ran the track and shot a lot of fun guns. It rained 2.5" yesterday. These tracks do not do as well in the mud as the steel tracks but they do OK. The burm was dug on Friday so there is a big hole next to it that we drove through. The tracks spin a bit on the slope out of the hole but each time it made it to the top.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

wehring

check ride

I ran around in the track today. I drove to three bordering towns and the machine is doing great. It will run 40mph comfortably but most of the trip was spent at 25-30mph. Stopped at Sonic for a drive in lunch. Great fun. The rubber tracks are a big plus. Saw 4 Law Enforcement professionals... each waved and gave me a thumbs up.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

wehring

Little wife....

Amanda had to give it her stamp of approval...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fbOEfmMLEE&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Justin

battlecr

One thing to remember the rubber tracks are not worth a dang on snow and ice. I can remember watching the 113's sliding back down the hilly roads in Germany.

Don G.

wehring

Ice...

The only ice here in South Texas is in my glass of sweet tea. I don't function below 70*.

Thanks Gerald. Your cutting tip was 24 kt gold. There is no "you" in this evolution. I was just a cog in the wheel of this conversion. A GREAT team made this possible.

We are building a rubber tracked cargo trailer Wed and Thurs. Pics to follow.

It was a perfect day for a drive in a convertible. 70 deg and slightly overcast. The only thing missing was a radio...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

L1A1

' Think it was in an issue of Popular Science magazine that they had a story about some of the newer tech-stuff the Military was fooling with. The item that stuck out to me was an M113A3 with the same tracks Justin just installed on his XM474 but, with the addition of an electric motor to power the vehicle. The article said the vehicle was "stealth" quiet. Would be curious to know just how quiet that APC was. In the vid that Justin posted, his XM474 is pretty darn quiet.
Matt