• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rules

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't find a link to the site rules.

Is it on the Main page, in an obvious location(and I'm over-looking it?)

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't see it.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been asking for the same- I mean ALL the updated rules - as we had to read them first, after the upgrade. The reply was that every few months everyone will have to go through them, again...

I really would like to have a link, to re-read anything-anytime, and/or to be able to refer others to them.

G.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think there should a very obvious link(button) on the main page in the menu bar.

rickf

I would love to eliminate that dang yellow political banner! THAT is irritating. It is in the rules so why flaunt it all the time.

Rick

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree. The yellow banner is very distracting(not necessarily making it more effective). I mentally ignore it, like I do the GL ads.

I dislike the need to scroll up past it, to see what forum a thread is posted in.

Maybe it could be minimized a bit, at least in height?

Or maybe the forum listing could be below the yellow box?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, thank you very much...

:doghead:

3dAngus

The yellow banner thing used to be a double yellow banner at first, and with the early colors and background, I got a headache within 5 minutes of coming on this site. Things are much better now, and it is only a single banner, where the colors and background are far superior to the original conversion package. A work in progress, I guess we could say. For a week or two there, I lost my addiction due to the color schemes, but everything is well and good now, EXCEPT for that annoying yellow banner.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Like I said, the message is one that Chris posted. I'm not sure if he wants it removed, maybe you could convince him to make it a dismissible notice?

3dAngus

I understand Andrew. No problem. I support the "No politics" philosophy wholly.

Not suggesting it be removed. That's a judgement call by Admin. Just that the yellow background is like a bright neon light and it might be a bit less offensive, physically, on the eyes.
It does appear to be less bright then originally, but still awkwardly bright in relationship to the rest of the site.

rickf

Is the upgrade complaint page still open? That is actually my complaint. Things are always moving. I loved the new posts thing but it is confusing, sometimes there are three pages going back a couple days and other times there are 10 posts only going back an hour. I KNOW there are more new posts than that. I find myself on here a lot less than I used to be because I just cannot get acclimated to it. Nothing stays the same for two days and I can't find anything. Since My tastes cover the whole gamut of forums I can't just go to the forums and pick just one.

Rick

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes it's still open.

The new threads button displays new threads since your last login/viewed. So it will fluctuate like that. Today's posts might be a better option for you.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I understand Andrew. No problem. I support the "No politics" philosophy wholly.

Not suggesting it be removed. That's a judgement call by Admin. Just that the yellow background is like a bright neon light and it might be a bit less offensive, physically, on the eyes.
It does appear to be less bright then originally, but still awkwardly bright in relationship to the rest of the site.
maybe make the two last sentences into one with .... in between. Would make it a bit less high at least
Chris gave me the green light to slim his notice a bit. So I've done what I can with it. I believe he still wants it to remain posted though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks