• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rumble when braking

HMMWV V

So my M998 just started having this major rumble when applying the brakes. It doesn't happen all the time. Seems like it happens when I have been driving awhile. Also at low speeds I hope someone can help. Drive fine otherwise. Thanks again for input.

INFChief

Has any work been done to it lately? My instinct is to blame the brakes. Warped rotor? Stuck caliper piston? Stuck pad? E-brake not fully disengaging?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you fully inspected and serviced the truck??? all filter and fluids including the diffs and gear hubs been changed? Have the half shafts, brake rotors and pads been inspected? including the half shaft/rotor bolts?
That would be the first thing to do if you have not already done so, if they have been competently inspected then any issues should have been uncovered.

HMMWV V

Have you fully inspected and serviced the truck??? all filter and fluids including the diffs and gear hubs been changed? Have the half shafts, brake rotors and pads been inspected? including the half shaft/rotor bolts?
That would be the first thing to do if you have not already done so, if they have been competently inspected then any issues should have been uncovered.
Will do. Thanks for the advice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks