• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Run flat question

rookie

What benefit will I get if I remove the run flats on my humvee will it accelerate faster drive smoother ? I know the negative will that I will be able to get flats and stop me on my tracks. I will be driving in the street mostly not doing any rock crawling I'm in Florida pretty flat any info.

Special T

If you get rid of the run flat you will be able to balance your tire better the cost is the duel bead lock. That does not matter so long as your not offroading or drop the airpressure down low. 16.5 wheels do not do well with offroad low airpressure but wont mind full airpressure.

Augi

The bead angle of the 16.5 rims is shallower than a normal drop center rim. They are designed to have the beadlock from the runflat to ensure the bead doesn't break. Guys run all day without them, but why take that chance?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks