• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Run Flat question

EdMontana

Search come up empty handed.....

Got a few HMMWV mounted wheels/tires here, how one can be sure that a run flat is mounted inside or not without disassemble anything:?:

EdMontana

Simply let the air out with it mounted on the vehicle.

That was my first idea....now R&R every unit that I have on my HMMWV to check will be time consuming. The ones mounted on my HMMWV they do have as I did air out and the wheels seats a few inches like if it was just with very low on air.

My second idea would be simply to measure the weight, disassemble one and weight the wheel, tire and run flat apart to find out individual weight , than just weight all other assembled units and compare ......problem is, I will need to find a scale first.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There's several different styles. (Rubber beadlock, rubber beadlock runflat, magnesium runflat) And tires can weigh a few pounds different on their own.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks