• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Run on for ever adds

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Since nothing it seems is going to be done to FIX these run on forever adds , most with the OP showing NO site activity for a year or better, some with 0 post, most with a very few, SO what would happen if "BUY IT NOW" was clicked, would this get rid of this crap. The OPer joined JUST to SELL, not be a active member, this shows in the activity post count and when last visited site.

zout

I get dibs on all the chit that are asking $0 for.

Like one that wanted $4000 - then another ad for the same item at $3500 - now its at $0 - OK - I'll take it off your hands for that just so you will get rid of the ad.

Ron - maybe we can come to a conclusion what to do with them if we can Duct tape DH down and needle him full of happy juice over the bon fire at the rally.

Ripcord01

It is a pain in the arse. I was looking through there last night. I was amazed at the amount of items available. You have to look at five pages of **** just to find something..I always delete my adds , Why is this soo difficult to do? It is simple to delete the add when product is gone. We need a mod just for the Classified section. I will volunteer..:deadhorse:aua

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I can get the rules re-written to include "Price Required" I will delete every single ad without a price. Meanwhile if you can determine that its a run-on ad and you want to click the "Commit to buy" button, I won't cry about it.

What ever happed to the 100 post before you could place a want add. I must have miss the change that allows any body with a computer to register and post want adds on our site, without as much as a single post. I was looking at some ads the other day and the guy posting (like 8 ads) was from SE Asia and hadn't been on site in a month, he had 0 post history,WTFaua
I agree also that if your to chicken to post a reasonable asking price for your stuff you should be required to use all the other means on the Web.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
all the low count adds are from before the 100 rule, just a run on for ever add

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How 'bout completly wiping out the classified section and starting fresh. It could be a website "glitch" that made all the advertisements go "bye-bye". Time it to happen right when the new rules for posting in the classifieds take effect.2cents

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm no computer person but it doesn't seem like it would be very hard at all do just disable the "auto-renew" option. That would put a stop to the run-on adds then and there.

ODdave

Ha, Was just thinking about this when i was looking through the classifides a minute ago and saw a truck for sale that I know went to the scrap yard 2 weeks ago. I know this because I found the truck on CL and called as thery where loading it on the wrecker........... Still for sale on here though........

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha, Was just thinking about this when i was looking through the classifides a minute ago and saw a truck for sale that I know went to the scrap yard 2 weeks ago. I know this because I found the truck on CL and called as thery where loading it on the wrecker........... Still for sale on here though........
The 5 ton in detroit?

Last edited:

cucv1833

How 'bout completly wiping out the classified section and starting fresh. It could be a website "glitch" that made all the advertisements go "bye-bye". Time it to happen right when the new rules for posting in the classifieds take effect.2cents

I would also like to see this cleaned up. A buddy of mine who is no longer on S.S. had posted this AD and its still on here. The vehicle has been sold for well over 1-year. This was also before the 100 post rule. I ask him if he tried to take it off and he said he tried everything but no luck it keeps popping up and hes tired of people calling him about the Ad. :?
m1008 cucv rockcrawler/ trail truck - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
and he said he tried everything
He didn't try asking me to help. I just deleted his ad.

The contact us link is useless, as it goes to Mangus580, an inactive Admin and he ignores the emails.

Until this site has Tech support and Admin that is willing to spend time on the site, nothing is going to change(other than things getting worse).

Do not PM me for everything, I don't have time for everything. I try to keep it afloat only because I know how much it means to you(and me).

Last edited: