• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Running oil in a Deuce?

randini

perhaps it will not be a problem. But I have had problems before, pulling a blind cover off something. They go on easy, but sometimes hard to get off.

armydad93

what about running used motor oil for fuel? my cousin has a garage does oil changes can i use his old oil to run my rig im planning on buying? if so i won't need to buy diesel again after the initial pick up and drive home run

randini

Hey Panshark, thanks for the thought. I am still thinkin..about how to do this. I have not done anything yet. So everytime I drive it, it drips on the hot Turbo...arrg. I beleive what I will do is;

remove the lock ring.
Rig some kind of bucket/bag under valve.
Turn electical on (tank pump) to see if this pressure pushes the end off the valve.
IF NOT, start engine (that pressure MUST force out end)

Then probably spend days cleaning up the mess I just made! I will do this on a cold engine, I dont want fuel running on a hot turbo. I will let you know how this works, or watch 10:00 new for explosion in Salt lake.....LOL

panshark

Hey man, I already spend too much time on KSL's site...One thing I might watch for is it popping out during your pre-start test for hydrostatic lock. If you're eyeballing it, it may come out enough for you to grab on with channel locks and then you're set!:jumpin:

jerseyjeep2003

jersey jeep, reference my post, you need to replace an O-ring in the near future! Good luck, it's a super easy fix. It will take 5-10 minutes.
Yup, just replaced said "O" ring. Wasn't too bad to change, I removed the injector because I didn't want the internal parts to wind up mixed in my driveway gravel. I inadvertently mixed up the 2 lines to the injector, and I tell you what.....it ran like like crap. I couldn't get the RPM's over 1800. Best way to describe it is as if the turbo wasn't working. I switched the lines back the next day and he is running as great as before, but with no more leakage...Thanx.

panshark

are you kidding?

when I took my lines loose, I thought they took different size wrenches to take them loose. I assumed the fittings were different sizes as well.

A lot of guys who never use the heater just cap those lines off and go... wonder why switching them would cause you to lose power.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks