• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Russian (and european) Vehicles on Finnish Army

vtunimog

I heard from a UK truck dealer that Finland purchased from both ends during the cold war (not but choice when your neighbor is the big Russian bear). I see some pretty Nice Kraz 255b's there - awesome truck but arent' they really wide?

Finlandia

I see some pretty Nice Kraz 255b's there - awesome truck but arent' they really wide?
Yes, Kraz is very wide. 2750 mm up front. How wide truck you can drive on USA?

Also, if yoiu have any contacts I would love to find some clean Kraz, Sisu etc ?
I dont have any special contacts. I have visit auction about 6 times, and I have buy tyres, wheels etc. Army did had 400 Sisu KB/A/AH-45 trucks, and they are all sold away. I´m not sure about USSR-trucks (Kraz, Ural, Zil, Gaz), but I believe Army still sell them.

do the sisu's have alot of smashing there drivelines on everything problems?
Every Sisu has very strong driveline. Sisu made own axles, Mack has use them too. Gearbox is ZF of Fuller. Model A-45 (nickname Proto) has 14" clutch. It is bit too small, but it work ok. Sisu made KB-45, A-45 and AH-45 models in 1964-1981. My truck is 1973.

Kraz 255B dimensions:

Attachments

Last edited:

vtunimog

I wonder why... :lol:

I live near Tampere, in south Finland.

I don't know truck prices, I did't listen them. Few years ago Sisu A-45 where 2500-3200 euros, and Kraz about 2500 euros.

More pictures about sales...

The pictures of the 1500x21 tires (or possibly the 1300x21 Ural type tires) make me want to cry. I have an 813 with mismatched Goodyear tires and trying to get stock tires is like trying to pull teeth they keep trying to sell these old stock tires from the 1980's that are all dry cracked to death.

Last edited:

vtunimog

Hi - I'm also after some tyres for my Kraz and Ural - I came over to Tampere in February of this year - do you know the exact date of the Military sale in October?

many thanks

Rob

Hey Rob -

Welcome - how goes the collection of Eastern Iron? How did you make out with the Ural intake conversion ?

Chris

Finlandia

howdy, Ive heard that these Finnish army auctions sometimes sell stocks of reserve parts. How about tyres with original USSR markings?
I have buy new and used russian tyres in army auction. Picture above is new Ural 14.00-20 tyres. Made in USSR. ;-) I have only 2 left.

In auction, tyres are in stacks. There is normal 10-20 pieces in one stack. (I hope "stack" is right word, I mean pile or something) Usually I buy 1-3 stacks, and sold them away. Now I have about 30-40 used Nokia 14.00-20 tyres in reservoir, so I dont buy them more. :roll: And yes, Nokia make also tyres, not just sellphones.

1300x530-533 Kraz tyres would be cool.

Attachments

Finlandia

Why I use name Finlandia on this site?

In year 1899 Jean Sibelius wrote Finlandia Hymn, witch became a symbol of Finnish nationalism. While Finland was still a Grand Duchy under Russia performances within the empire had to take place under the covert title of "Impromptu".

More: Finlandia by Jean Sibelius — Virtual Finland

Finlandia Hymn:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgwr3wrenkQ[/media]

Attachments

Finlandia

There is Gaz 66, Zil 131, Kraz 255 and 260 trucks. I go to the auction, and I take better pictures to you. :wink:

Maybe I buy some tyres, Ural 14.00-20 and others.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks