• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rusty crusty wrecker recovery

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah it might be a little rusty. Suggest keeping an adequate stock of tetanus shots on hand or issue a shark suit to all of those that may come in contact with said wrecker. The joy of it is that you may have the only sub 30,000# M543A2 that still has a bed in place.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, got the transfer in Neutral, and the tank had about 20 gallons of oil left in it, so...

I got the bed working, all but the hoist (makes a lot of noise but doesn't move) and the boom up or down, the control rod is so badly rusted it won't move.

what did work worked fine, until the hard line coming out of the side of the controls blew, and I got soaked in oil, and Craig's deuce has a nice glossy sheen of rust proofing spray on the pass side...

So with a little luck, I can have her fully functional shortly, at least around the yard.

joeM62

Well you can look at it this way what you are replacing will be something
you won't have to worry about later on with the truck but good luck with her.