• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rusty Custy resto

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I have declared war on the rust, lol. lets see it rust now that it has been acid treated and rustoleum rusty metal primer. The prime is like rubber when it drys, and so for I have watched turn a rusted surface into a paint able and stop the rusting. the product is amazing and i highly recommend it.

Jesse6325

Rustoleum rusty metal primer?

Favor1004, Rustoleum rusty metal primer? Where did you get it?
I know Locktite makes something that's more of a rust converter.
It goes on white then turns purple then black and dries to a hard finish.
We use it at work a lot, One thing the directions say is that the surface you are using it on has to have at least some rust.

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yea the Rusty Rustoleum does the same thing but it keeps fighting it, I also acid treated the metal rust spots. It works really well, I pick it up by the gallon at lowes.

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
to be completely honest with you I don't know, but if i had to guess maybe it was cut out to run the air lines through when in tow. Now that is probably not the right answer but i will work on locating it and I will get back with you on it

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
update 03/28/12. I have about 85% of the truck painted and I am currently working on my way from the front to the back. I put the decals on the bumper, and I think it looks pretty good. I think i am going to need to get a complete data plate set mine are just a little to far gone. I have to still replace the back bumper rett and paint the back. I am putting bed liner in the bed. I am also slowly putting on the decals from front to back. I also have to clean the mudd flaps up and paint them. I was able to get the troop seating from Rayzer. I still need to fix them up and paint them. I am still looking for the bows and a OD solid cargo cover. Well that is all i have for now tune in next week to see what I have a complished.

Attachments